This week I got to learn all about making my own screencast video. I’ve seen them on YouTube a lot and I always wondered how they were made. It was a pretty neat experience overall.
Five educational reasons to use screencasts:
1. You can show an entire classroom how to perform a function without them having to be in a classroom…this allows for maximum exposure as well as giving students a chance to move at their own pace
2. It’s just really cool…as we have already seen technology rules the world. Everyone has some for of computer be it desktop or tablet. Having access to this type of program is just keeping up with the times
3. It’s a great tool for study…we all know about cramming for tests and how hard to can be to retain information. One is much more likely to process and memorize something they are doing themselves. The step by step guiding in screencasts is perfect for this
4. You’re teaching yourself while teaching others…EVERYBODY can learn something. Just like I did when I worked on this assignment.
5. It makes for a very great visual aid…it’s always much easier to show a person how than to tell a person how