It has been a whopper of a month. I have been getting hit from all kinds of angles with all kinds of shitty news and several incidents that looked like amazing opportunities only to fall through and leave me right back where I started. Suffice it to say I am happy to see July in my rear view. With that being said, August isn’t really looking that much better so I am in an EXTRA ranty mood tonight. Normally I would come here with a relevant topic that I have researched and write a blog with open ended questions perfect for discussions, but not this time. In this blog post I am simply going to make a list of things that have been really getting on my nerves lately. So buckle up, it’s about to get bitchy in here.
- The fact that Kim and Kanye named their baby North…I DON’T CARE. It’s not clever, they aren’t smart, they’re media whores that got caught up in the hype and now their little girl is going to suffer for their shameless media attention seeking behavior.
- The fact that Prince William and his wife had a baby and that the wife even wore a polka dot dress like his mom…THIS IS AMERICA. We don’t have a monarchy here for a reason, why is my news filled with the events of England that don’t have anything to do with national security?
- The fact that the NSA has been accessing everyone’s information…THIS IS THE DIGITAL AGE. People put so much of their business on social networks that no one has to be a spy to find it. Some folks are so desperate to share/show off their lives that you can learn anything and everything about them with a few keystrokes. How could no one have expected this to happen?
- The fact that there are hash tags on face book…I REALIZE THIS IS PETTY. I still find it incredibly annoying and don’t understand why people type in hash tags on a platform that doesn’t support said formatting. You hash tag on Twitter for a reason, not just because you want to shove individual words together to make one giant unintelligible word
- The fact that both Jay Z and Kanye West dropped albums at the same time…I DIDN’T LISTEN TO EITHER OF THEM, and I don’t care who knows it. Neither of those artists really appeal to me anymore and no I don’t want anyone to try and convince me that one album was better over the other. All their shit sounds the same and everybody knows it
- The fact that Catfish is gaining popularity as a show…WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON? Why are people so damned bored? Have we really lost all ability to have genuine conversations with one another? Why is it so cool to get someone’s hopes up and then smash them? Who are all these weirdos out their creating fake lives and luring in strangers for kicks? Tragic…
- The fact that a ridiculous amount of racism was displayed on all sides after the Trayvon Martin murder trial verdict…A CHILD WAS MURDERED. I don’t want to hear about Trayvon’s troubled past, or the fact that he was black and Zimmerman is white. A man stalked a child and shot that child, that’s what should have mattered in that case. This “Stand Your Ground” law is bullshit if the “aggressor” in the situation is clearly a victim and no one wants to admit that a MAN HUNTED DOWN A CHILD AND SHOT HIM UNTIL HE DIED
Now I could keep going, but I think that’s enough for the night. Take me home Lana
Amber Mosby…”Forgive me if I don’t get excited”