So the holidays are over and it’s a brand new year. People all over the world are starting their resolutions of trying new foods, starting new diets, looking for new adventures and all I can think about is the fact that all my favorite shows are coming back! Yes, yes, yes I am a television fanatic and I am so sick of watching reruns of Law and Order: SVU (even though that show is amazing).
Now that we are good and cozy for the winter I am looking forward to finishing my winter break from school by overloading on amazing television. So without further ado here is my list of shows I’m glad are coming back this season.
1. Archer– Danger zone!!!! How awesome is this show? I mean H. Jon Benjamin is one of my absolute favorite voice actors and I can’t get enough of this goof troop of spies. Pam’s fat again, Carol is no longer a country singer, and Mallory is just as drunk as ever. I am so excited.
2. Justified– One final dance…is the tagline for the final season of Justified. Raylan and Boyd are finally going to duke out just like the good old days and truth be told I’m not really sure who I’m rooting for. Timothy Olyphant as Raylan is so hot on this show but I could listen to Walton Goggins talk in his Boyd voice all day long. It’s going to be so good.
3. Power– This show on Starz is not as well known as it part of the line up on premium channels but trust me you are going to want to start watching this. The back and forth between Tommy and Ghost is great and just when you think Ghost is going to make it out and go straight the drug game pulls him right back in. I am learning so much.
4. Banshee– Oh my goodness is this a roller coaster of a show. No one is safe…they are never safe! I don’t want to give away too many details but man oh man does this show keep you on the edge of your seat. A Cinemax original it is also one that is not as readily available as others but whatever you do, find it. Trust me.
5. Vampire Diaries/ The Originals– Sooooo dreamy! I am putting both these shows together because their story lines often cross over. These shows are full of gorgeous people and should be watched for that reason alone. Add the fact that the stories are interesting and the folklore is good too and you’ve got a recipe for young adult drama that can appeal to anyone.
*note: I couldn’t find trailers for the Vampire Diaries or the Originals because they are technically in the same season they just took a winter break…sorry
I have a few more I’m looking forward to like Regular Show and Adventure Time but I think I’ve revealed enough of my addiction for the day.
Amber Mosby “Forgive me if I don’t get excited…”